The MF-355 GPS Receiver can be utilized in a variety of applications that require a magnetic mounting with waterproof configuration. With non-slip on the bottom and the special compact design, the MF-355 is completely self-contained and waterproof. It's incorporating the latest SiRF Star III GPS chipset and an active patch antenna so you receive a high degree of GPS accuracy.
Typical application can include marine environments, aviation, commercial use such as fire truck, police cars and utility vehicles and buses. The extended 5 feet long cable allows for easy routing to your PC behind headliners and side panels and terminates to a custom PS/2 connector for interfacing with one of the available cable kits that is purchased separately.
1. SiRF Star III High Performance GPS chipset
2. High sensitivity (Tracking Sensitivity: -159 dBm)
3. Extremely fast TTFF (Time To First Fix) at low signal level
4. Support NMEA 0183 data protocol
5. Built-in SuperCap to reserve system data for rapid satellite acquisition
6. Built-in patch antenna.
7. Super-cohesive magnetic for mounting on the car
8. RS232 interface connection port.
9. Waterproof and non-slip on the bottom.
10. LED indicator for GPS fix or not fix.
LED OFF: Receiver switch off
LED ON: No fix, signal searching
LED Flashing: Position fixed
11. WAAS ENGOS is supported.
|Chipset: SiRF Star III
Frequency: L1, 1575.42 MHz
C/A code: 1.023 MHz chip rate
Channels: 20 channel all-in-view tracking
Sensitivity: -159 dBm
Accuracy Position: 10 meters, 2D RMS
5 meters, 2D RMS, WAAS enabled
Velocity: 0.1 m/s
Time: 1us synchronized to GPS time
Reacquisition: 0.1 sec., average
Hot start: 1 sec., average
Warm start: 38 sec., average
Cold start: 42 sec., average
Altitude: 18,000 meters (60,000 feet) max
Velocity: 515 meters /second (1000 knots) max
Acceleration: Less than 4g
Jerk: 20m/sec × 3
Main power input: 4.5V ~ 6.5V DC input
Power consumption: 80mA
Output voltage level: 5V
Baud rate: 4,800 bps
Output message: NMEA 0183 GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC, VTG, GLL
Dimension: 53mm diameter, 19.2mm height
Cable length: 1.5 meters
Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C